I went ahead and cancelled my Ipsy Glam Bag subscription this month, I got nail polish, hairspray, oil and a makeup brush but when I compared the two, just liked the functionality of Birchbox's website, their free shipping offers on the full size products and the overall variety of hair, skincare, perfume AND cosmetics. This momma doesn't need to break da bank with 2 boxes!!
Here's what my box looked like this month:
1. Frownies Eye Gels: to fight puffy dark circles: I love these and the fact that they are reuseable! Not to mention the fact that they are made in the great state of Ohio--I just LOVE supporting local businesses. Definitely will use up AND buy!!
2. Kerastase hair mask: I haven't used yet but I'm loving the fact they included two hair masks. I'll be using these before my upcoming girls weekend in Denver but probably won't purchase any additional.Nice, but no thanks
3. Harvey Prince Skinny Chic perfume: This scent claims to keep energy levels high and fight cravings but didn't help when I was gobbling up Kara G's Skinny Taco Dip this weekend. I love the citrus scent. Definite purchase!
4. DDF Wrinkle and Pore Minimizer: I'm not into pore minimizing products as I don't have an issue with that and it's just an extra step I forget about. The texture was nice, but at $85 full price. Leave it at the store
5. theBalm Blush/Highlighter: This is my second theBalm product and I love the color. I'm naturally rosy cheeked so I used this as a highlighter and a second shadow on my eyes (see look below). I love it but think the sample is enough. Like it but no deal.
Now onto the Birchbox look!
The day I got my Birchbox in the mail, I had just worked out so I thought I'd do a look using only Birchbox products, plus a few staples that everyone has and it only took me 15 minutes.
For some reason it's upside down, but you get the point.
My own products (but everyone of you should have some variation of this!)
- Foundation (I use Covergirl trublend)
- Concealer (Covergirl trumatch)
- Powder (Clinique)
- Mascara (I think it's Covergirl-voluminous lashes)
- Red lipgloss (this is from Ipsy but I know I got red lipgloss from BB)
- theBalm highlighter/blush (tan shimmer)
- theBalm highlighter/shadow (warm peach)
- Eyeko skinny liquid liner (in green)
-Layer foundation all over face using brush or fingertips
-Apply concealer under eyes lightly using ring fingers
-Lightly pat powder over concealer and all over face to set foundation and concealer
-apply highlighter shade all over eyelids
-apply peach highlighter in creases of eye for some added color
-using blush brush, apply highlighter on cheekbones and/or apples of cheeks
-line eyes on top and part of bottom (for my smaller eyes) with liquid liner so they appear bigger
-apply mascara in 2 coats
-apply lipgloss lightly on lips
Here is a close up of my eyes...I cannot WAIT to get an iphone at the end of the month so I can do legitimate selfies and stop blindly turning my large phone around to take a pic!!! I put the lighter shadow all over my eyes up to the brows and then put the peach highlighter in the creases and edges. Obvi Mexican Meredith needs to come to my house asap to fix my brows!!!
I loved doing the before/after pics with only Birchbox products which means that all of you can create a similar look! It's great to mix things up with your makeup just a little to keep your many
cats coworkers on their toes.
When you look good on the outside, you feel good on the inside!