I was really looking forward to a scheduled 2 mile run on Sunday for my half marathon training. After all the kids were in nap, I suited up, strapped my heartrate monitor on and had Pandora going on my phone and headed outside. It was drizzling so I ditched the phone and started running without music. It was raining harder than I thought and I started singing "you can go hard or you can go home" with every step. As my hair started getting soaked I was thinking of the old me.
- The old me would have seen the weather outside and decided it was a cozy day. I would have changed into stretchy sweatpants and laid on the couch all day
- The old me would have taken the cozy day to the extreme and eaten my comfort food: pizza rolls dipped in ranch and potato chips with a Mountain Dew
- The old me would have hit the snooze button on Saturday morning because I had a Bloody Mary and too much bread Friday night.
- The old me would have convinced my husband to go through McDonald's after our trip to the park this weekend so I wouldn't have to make the kids lunch and could get a Big Mac while we were out
- The old me would have never purchased a bikini or even thought #operationredbikini would be for someone like me
- The old me would have been jealous of Kara's fit and healthy lifestyle and probably drowned my self-depression in a Nachos Bell Grande from TBell.
- The old me would have never had this selfie from completing a 2 miler in the rain!
Have a great week and Cheers to the New You!