First, a couple of "announcements"
1. Instagram is not working on my phone. It won't let me upload anything. I can get right to the point where I start to write some sassy caption and hashtag the crap out of it for #ORB and then it just shuts me out of the app. First world problems much? I know you have all been missing my constant food updates and corny jokes, but I am IG-less for the time being. Side note, I actually feel like I'm so much more aware of things happening around me and more productive at work without the always-distracting IG on my phone....so this might become a "thing". Even though I feel like I'm missing out on all your haps!
2. I am still on the struggle bus and have not run yet this week. This is going to be a problem since I have a Shamrock Run/Walk (4 miles) on Saturday and need to do 8 training niles on Sunday. I have to get back in the game after this NOLA trip....I still feel a little bit like I got my ace kicked!!
Finally, here is the green monster recipe! This is only 155 calories, easy to make and clean up, just 4 ingredients, and it tastes like dessert! Most people see the spinach and think "woah, you nasty". Hold up now - think about how spinach tastes in a salad. Pretty much like nothing! It's so mild, the bananas and PB2 cover up the tiny bit of flavor it has and you get a "chocolate banana milkshake" with the added bonus of a ton of fresh spinach. WIN WIN!
- 1 small banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 huge handful fresh spinach leaves
- 1 heaping tablespoon PB2 (I love the chocolate PB2)
Layer in a blender in the following order: milk, PB2, spinach, banana slices. Blend. Pour into cup and enjoy!
I am the number one fan for all the reasons listed above. Try this today and everyday!
155 small ones.
To prep frozen bananas, slice and arrange on wax paper on a cookie sheet, stick in freezer overnight
Layer it up!
Does anyone else drink these all the time? What are some other variations?
And just because I feel the need to blast my lunch on the interwebzzzz....here is what I'm having today. Fresh steamed broccoli with crushed red pepper and reduced fat cheese. Yum and GREEN!